So far the 2014 – 2015 ski season has been a memorable one with all of the early season snow which has fallen on Vail and Beaver Creek Mountains. Stories of powder days opening weekend and back bowls opening early are usually only a dream for Vail Resorts, not this year! Vail Resorts and the Vail Valley Foundation will bring even more memorable happenings both on and off the mountains during the 2015 World Alpine Ski Championships.
February 2 – 15, 2015, the alpine ski community will make the Vail Valley home for the most coveted ski titles in racing, next to the Olympics. Vail’s Lindsey Vonn will be attacking her home mountain in speed categories, as the most winning women skier in history with 63 World Cup Victories. Another local favorite, Mikaela Shiffrin will bring her finesse in the slalom and giant slalom races on Beaver Creek Mountain. These two ladies will attract fans from all over the world, get to the grandstand early on race day to assure your spot to ring your cowbells and witness history on U.S. soil!
For those who don’t want to endure the crowds at the race arena, there are plenty of off-mountain events taking place to make these two weeks FUN!
- Opening Ceremonies will take place February 2 at Championships Plaza at Solaris in Vail. Gates open at 5:00 p.m., Ceremonies will begin at 7:00 p.m. with special guests, music, fireworks and a light show.
- Audi, the Presenting Sponsor will host the Audi Driving Experience February 3 – 13 from 9: a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and February 14 from 9:00 a.m. – noon at Nottingham Lake in Avon. Drive the Audi S3, Q3 and all-road with professional drivers.
- Live Music will be taking place in Avon and Vail with headliners being named daily. Get your groove on, and don’t be afraid to après in your ski boots, the sign of a real après champion!
Championship Plaza at Solaris
- February 3 Michael Franti and Spearhead
- February 4 Andreas Gabalier
- February 5 Mix Master Mike
- February 6 American Authors
- February 7 O.A.R.
- February 8 Craig Wayne Boyd – most recent winner of The Voice
- February 9 TBA
- February 10 KC and The Sunshine Band
- February 11 TBA
- February 12 Phillip Phillips
- February 13 TBA
- February 14 CeeLo Green
Après Avon – Avon’s Main Street Mall
- February 3 Town Cavalry
- February 4 The Travelin’ McCourys
- February 5 J2G Live presents The Love Shack: Fox Street & Friends
- February 6 Eufórquestra featuring Kevin Kinsella
- February 7 The Mother Hips with Special Guest Nicki Bluhm
- February 8 Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
- February 9 Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
- February 10 The Motet
- February 11 John Denver Tribute by The John Adams Band
- February 12 Hell’s Belles
- February 13 Brothers Keeper featuring John Popper
- February 14 Bonfire Dub & the Congress
RMX SKIJORING – in Minturn. If you have never seen SKIJORING in person, now is your chance to see this Norwegian sport! Head to Minturn, for one of winter’s best spectators sports! A skier is pulled behind a horse going full speed, the skier hits jumps, flies through the air and also attempts to gather rings on their arms to accumulate points.
These are just a few of the off-mountain race events which will make your stay in Vail at Gore Creek Properties memorable. Take the free Vail bus within the Town of Vail from your Gore Creek Properties rental unit and hop a reasonably priced bus done valley for the 2015 World Championship events. Gore Creek Properties can accommodate you, whether for a romantic couples weekend, corporate group and families. Visit our website or call us at 970-479-2858.